Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
I am trying to build my plugins using granoo3 on a remote server. However, I am receiving the following error during make stage. It seems the system is not recognizing where the GranOO3 folder is. I was able to solve the cmake path issue, but now ran into this? How can I solve this problem?

/ari/users/hboler/BallastPack/c++/Main.cpp:7:10: fatal error: GranOO3/Common.hpp: No such file or directory
    7 | #include "GranOO3/Common.hpp"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/PackBallast.dir/build.make:76: CMakeFiles/PackBallast.dir/Main.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:83: CMakeFiles/PackBallast.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:91: all] Error 2

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
I was able to solve this problem by adding

include_directories(/ari/progs/granoo/granoo/tags/3.0/install/include)

to my CMakeLists.txt file.

However, now I am having following problem:

GranOO3/Shape/Box.hpp:36:10: fatal error: vtkUnstructuredGrid.h: No such file or directory
#include <vtkUnstructuredGrid.h>

How can I solve this issue?

Best.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
Hi,

I think VTK was not found when configuring your project.
If so, you probably need to specify it using the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
I have already defined the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
Is VTK found by CMake ?

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
I am able to pass the cmake stage? The problem occurs during make stage. Do I need to add additional line to CMakeLists.txt?

Yes, there is no assertion on this...
Could you copy/paste the CMake configuration stage ?

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
The following is my CMakeLists.txt file. Do you mean this or do you wanna see additional files?

# here you can set the executable name

project(PackBallast)

# in most of cases, you don't have to edit the

# following lines

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)

include_directories(/ari/progs/granoo/granoo/tags/3.0/install/include)

set(TPL_NAME lib/cmake/GranOO3/CMakeLists-Make-App.txt)

find_path(TPL_PATH ${TPL_NAME})

include(${TPL_PATH}/${TPL_NAME})

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, it seems that cmake is not able to locate your granoo install dir. When you want to build your project, you can help cmake to find granoo with

cmake -D CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="path/to/your/granoo/tags/3.0/install/"

Hope this help, Cheers, Damien

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
I have already done this. Still having the problem.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Damien André
Administrator
It's strange... Which system are you using ?

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
CENTOS. It is not a personal computer though. It is a shared cluster server.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Damien André
Administrator
Maybe, several versions of vtk exist. You can try to locate the missing file with

locate vtkUnstructuredGrid.h

and adjust the cmakefile depending on the results.

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

hboler
So, I realized that I am having a warning at CMake stage regarding VTK not being found.

VTK is installed at /ari/progs/VTK/VTK-7.1.0/

How can I include this location to CMakeLists.txt to help cmake to use it during the installation?

Best

Re: Building Plugins in shared server?

Damien André
Administrator