Bullet Impact on a Brittle Disk

arun15
Hi,
Can you please provide me with the source file for the simulation "Bullet Impact on a Brittle Disk"?

And can granoo be used to simulate planetary simulations, where velocities are upto 10-20 km/s and deformations are caused majorly by shockwaves?

Re: Bullet Impact on a Brittle Disk

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, sorry for the late reply, I was on holidays.

arun15 wrote
Can you please provide me with the source file for the simulation "Bullet Impact on a Brittle Disk"?
you can find the related files here : https://pytch.fr/nextcloud/s/Q6dX93w7WKj6rbG

arun15 wrote
Hum, not sure, this is no more ballistic velocities (~1000 km/hours) but "hyperveloce" velocities ! From my knowledge, materials do not react as solid at these velocities. You probably must take a look on hydrocodes and/or sph methods. But, to be honest, this is quite far from my scientific topic, so I am not 100% sure...

Re: Bullet Impact on a Brittle Disk

arun15
Hi,
Thanks for the files. Well, indeed, materials do not react as solid at these velocities. Still, if we could just look at mechanical interactions during the impact, I assume we could gain some insights regarding the event.

Regards,
Hitesh