Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh
Hi Damien et all,
How to disable the broken bond and broken element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"?
The "MaxStress" uses in this Plugin is microscopic or macroscopic?
Thank you,
Danh

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

Damien André
Administrator
Hello Danh,

LE Ba Danh wrote
The "MaxStress" uses in this Plugin is microscopic or macroscopic?
Yes this the microscopic one

LE Ba Danh wrote
How to disable the broken bond and broken element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"?
Yes this is already done, you can see the disable bonds with the gddviewer  "Bond > IsDisabled?"

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh
Thank Damien,
- I see in gddviewer the broken bond when I use "MaxStress" in "ConvertElementPairToBeam" and BuildElementPair="Yes" in "ApplyBondLoad":
 <PlugIn Id="_ConvertElementPairToBeam" MacroYoungModulus="72e9" MacroPoissonRatio="0.2" MaxStress="6e7"/>
 <PlugIn Id="_ApplyBondLoad" BuildElementPair="Yes"/>.

- But when I use the PlugIn "_ComputeVirialStress":
  <PlugIn Id="_ComputeVirialStress" FailureMode="BRITTLE" ApplyCriterionOnSet="Cylinder" NeighbourLevel="1" ApplyCriterionOn="ALL" CriterionLaw="s1>C1" CriterionVar="C1=3e6"/>
The broken bond is deleted automatically. How to disable these broken bonds?
Thank you,
Danh

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,
You can use the "AddElementToCrackSet" option as follows :

<PlugIn Id="_ComputeVirialStress" FailureMode="BRITTLE" ApplyCriterionOnSet="Cylinder" NeighbourLevel="1" ApplyCriterionOn="ALL" CriterionLaw="s1>C1" CriterionVar="C1=3e6" AddElementToCrackSet="Yes"/>

It removes all the broken but this option allows to create a special SetOf "Core::Pair<DEM::Bond>" named cracks (or something like) where all the broken bond are placed.

Kind regards, Damien.

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh
Thank Damien,
With AddElementToCrackSet="Yes", new SetOf named "cracks" has been created in DEM::Element, not in DEM::Bond.
How to create the same SetOf in DEM::Bond?

A+
Danh

Administrator
Hello, you should have something similar in Core::Pair<DEM::Element>

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh
Thank Damien,
So, if I want have this SetOf in DEM:Bond with the broken bonds.
How can I do in Plugin ComputeVirialStress?
Danh

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, please update your granoo distrib with 'svn update'.

With this new version, you can add an option 'DeleteBrokenBond'. You should pass it to False. It gives :

<PlugIn Id="_ComputeVirialStress" NeighbourLevel="1"  MaxPrincipalCriterion="65e6"
        ApplyCriterionOn="CLOSEST"  DeleteBrokenBond="False"/>

I do not test this change, please tell me if it gives the expected results !

Kind regards, DA.

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh
many thank Damien,
I will test it.
Danh

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

LE Ba Danh

Hi Damien,
It does not work.

Danh

Re: Disable the broken bond and element in PlugIn "ConvertElementPairToBeam"

Damien André
Administrator
Humm, it's not clear for me...

Just comment the line 205 of the GranOO/libDEM/Bond.hpp file and recompile it.