EDs Filling Outside the Boundary - Cooker

EDs Filling Outside the Boundary - Cooker

PatriciaGom

Hello all,

I have been having some problems filling an .off file (the Attached images geometry). The ends of the geometry are very thin (10 microns).

I have introduced a fill criterion off 4 micron ED average radius (to ensure the extreme zone is filled) and a 10% of size dispersion with a packetsize of 10 ED per iteration. The stopfill is cardinality = 6.2.

Does Anyone have any idea about why some EDs are being placed outside the boundary?
I thought it could be because I was imposing a too high a number of EDs and they didn’t fit (but now I’m selecting a average radius and the same thing happens).

Thanks.

Re: EDs Filling Outside the Boundary - Cooker

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, this problem may happen when :
1- the thickness of your bounding shape is too thin
2- your domain is too small
3- your off file is not well formed

Please check carefully all these points.

Kind regards, Damien.