Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

TP

Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

TP
Good morning,

In granoo I have made a cylinder that rotates at a speed (impose rotation). In addition, I have applied a force on the lower part (apply force). My question is the following: what plugin can I apply (in the .INP file) so that the cylinder is embedded in its center (0,0,0) and that the forces that I have applied do not allow the cylinder to move, in the other words, that the cylinder is fixed in its center and rotating while apply force.

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

Damien André
Administrator
Sorry, I do not understand what you want to do... Damien.
TP

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

TP
Sorry Damian, I will be more explicit

in the cylinder created and rotating in the axis (0,0,0) I apply a force in the lower part but when applying the force the cylinder moves, I suppose it is because it is not embedded in the axis (0,0,0). What I would like is to prevent it from moving while I apply the force. What plugin could help me?

I hope I have been clearer

Thanks in advance for your response

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, i am sorry, it is not clear.

.
TP wrote
In the cylinder created and rotating in the axis (0,0,0)
What do you mean by an axis of (0,0,0) ? An axis can't be null !

TP wrote
I apply a force in the lower part
Really, are you sure ? Do you use the 'ApplyForceAt()' C++ method ?

TP wrote
I suppose it is because it is not embedded in the axis (0,0,0). What I would like is to prevent it from moving while I apply the force. What plugin could help me?
I am not sure of what you want to do but you can use both :
- <PlugIn Id="_ImposeDisplacement" Clamp="Yes"/> -> it should fix the displacement
- <PlugIn Id="_ImposeOrientation" Clamp="Yes"/> -> it should fix the rotation

 Damien.
TP

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

TP

What do you mean by an axis of (0,0,0) ? An axis can't be null !

I refer that the cilinder can be fixed in the point (0,0,0) or in whatever coordinates (1,2,3) ..(2,1,3) etc...but the objective is the embedded in a coordinate without that some force that I can apply or something can affect.

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

Mr Tobi
The cylinder have to be fixed but free in rotation

Re: Embedded in its center (0,0,0). What plugin?

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, this is the case. If you clamp the cylinder with the ApplyDisplacement PlugIn, the cylinder is free to rotate.