Error granoo viewer

SvenS
Hi everyone,

I installed GranOO on windows 10 and ran the granular rain example to check whether GranOO was corretly installed. Unfortunately, it cannot start the viewer to show the results, after I enter:

granoo-viewer ./Results/.

it gives me

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Could not connect to any X display.

and I am not sure how to set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR correctly, any suggestions?

I am a complete and utter beginner when it comes to DEM and Linux, so please forgive me for asking, probably, such a simple question. I am actively learning and trying to get better!

Thanks in advance.

Regards, SvenS

Re: Error granoo viewer

Damien André
Administrator
Sorry, windows 10 is not officially supported. If you fix this issue by yourself please give us the solution on this forum.
kind regards, Damien.

Re: Error granoo viewer

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
Hi SvenS,

I guess you installed GranOO through the WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
If yes, you probably missed the "X server" step.

Don't forget to run the X server (XLaunch shortcut installed on the Desktop).
Click next until the configuration is finished, and you are done !

Best regards,
Cédric