Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
I am new to granoo. Yesterday when I just started using, everything seems to be fine (practice with some examples). However, today I first encountered c++ files compilation isses. Then, I reinstalled granoo but encountered the following to problem:

1. Practicing with the sphere rain example, Granoo c++ source file compilation seems to be working,and simulation (with the input file) works (gdd files generated). However, when I start granoo viewer, it gives the following warning:

QObject::connect: No such slot Viewer::TakeSnapshot(bool)
There is not any discrete domain file in the directory "/home/nemoyin/granoo/tags/3.0/Example/00104_{dem}{mechanical}{granular}_SPHERICAL-RAIN", it's a problem...
GddParser, find 100 *.gdd files in "./TEST" directory
GddParser, loading file "./TEST/domain-0000000000000.gdd"
GddParser, find 100 *.gdd files in "./TEST" directory
GddParser, loading file "./TEST/domain-0000000000000.gdd"

and granoo viewer did not know any discrete domain but a black screen:

2. When I want to start my own project with granoo3-project, the following error shows:
-bash: /usr/local/bin/granoo3-project: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

For the environment, I use Ubuntu under WSL2

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,

This is common problems but I don't know the solutions to fix it with ubuntu WSL. Note that this problem is not related to GranOO, but it is related to your configuration.

Problem 1 -> The graphic acceleration is not activated
Problem 2 -> the 'python' command is unknown. You probably have 'python3' instead of just 'python'

Kind regards, Damien.

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
Thank you Damien. I reinstalled everything and now:

The first problem is still there. I run the "glxgears" demo and it works fine so I am not sure if it is the graphic acceleration problem. The weird thing is that I was able to use granoo-viewer before.

The second problem was solved by installing python-is-python3. Thank you.

Is there any alternative viewer for granoo simulations?

I installed an older version of the graphic card driver and now it seemed to be working

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

Damien André
Yes, you can use paraview (you must use the EXPORT-TO-PARAVIEW plugin)

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
However paraview causes errors when compiling C++ source files. There seems to be a conflict on lib-vtk9. I sent you an email about it.

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

Damien André
Administrator
Ouch ! You can try to install paraview natively in your window system (and not in WSL).
Hope this help, cheers, Damien

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
Thanks Damien! I did so and it works fine

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

Damien André
Administrator
Good ! :-)

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
Hi Damien, I have a following question. In order to properly open the pvd file from paraview, we need to execute ExtractData.py in the Tool/Paraview/Macro directory of the granoo repository. How do I do it if the paraview is installed in windows?

Administrator
I don't know... you can't read the ExtractData.py file from windows ?

Re: Granoo viewer error & granoo3-project start error

nemoyin
Oh I get it... I was confused about the purposes of ExtractData.py... now it works. I loaded the macro in paraview. Thank you.