How to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.

How to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.

nobo
Hi

I have a question about how to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.
Maybe I can solve this problem with a unique ID.
Is there a unique ID for each discrete element?
How do I ge it by cpp?

Thanks

Re: How to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.

nobo
hi
i have know how to get the id,but i have a question that whether the id of deleted element will be given to other newly added elements?

Re: How to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, if you get an ID like...
// DE1 is a DEM::Element object
unsigned long long int DE1_ID = DE1.Core::Register<DEM::Element>::get_numeric_ID();
... no worry the ID are not able to change (this is incremental IDs)

Re: How to get element within a certain radius around a particular element.

nobo
Thanks for your help