How to make Stress sensor

ggp04400
Hello,

I'm a graduate student who is interested in DEM simulation.

Thanks to you, I have been using the Granoo program very usefully.

In my work, I need to compute stress tensor on cylindrical model with cohesive beam bond.

So, to make a stress sensor PlugIn, I refered to PlugIn_InitSensor.cpp which was made during the tutorial.

But, since I couldn't find an example of sensor which detects stress, I am trying to make it myself and there are many problems.

Could you give me some example codes for stress sensor in c++?

If you give me some help, it will be really really helpful to me.

Thank you.

Re: How to make Stress sensor

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,  the stress concept does not exist in DEM simulation.

You only have forces and displacements. So, to measure something like a stress, you need to measure some forces and apply some calculations with these measured forces in order to get a kind of stress.

You can  take a look in the "PlugIn_InitSensor.hpp" and the "PlugIn_InitSensor.cpp" files in the "2.0/Example/Continuous/TensileTest/". This test is related to a tensile test applied on a cubic sample. In this case, the stress is simply computed as "F/S" where "F" is the total measured force applied  on the sample and "S" is the section of the sample.

Hope this help, kind regards, Damien

Re: How to make Stress sensor

ggp04400
I will check the example as you gave me a comment.

Thanks to your reply, things will go well:)

Thank you!

Kim