Impact on a brittle material

LE Ba Danh
Hi Damien,
I looked at your numerical test of impact on a brittle material:

1. What is the fracture model of material that you used in GranOO (brittle, no brittle)?
2. if I want to change the bullet by a different form (see figure below). How I can create this bullet in GranOO?

Thank for your help.
Danh

Re: Impact on a brittle material

Damien André
Administrator
Hello Danh,

Yes, this is brittle fracture. If you want to make a bullet instead of a sphere, you just have to build a STL file and convert it to the OFF format. GranOO is able to read OFF files.

You can use meshlab to make this conversion.

I will try to find the source of this simulation and send it to you.

Kind regards, Damien

Re: Impact on a brittle material

LE Ba Danh
Thank you so much Damien,
Could you send me the source of impact test when you find it.

Thank you,
Danh

Re: Impact on a brittle material

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, please find here the sources of this impact test

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=7534e309-3f4a-4435-beca-f195cf3ea7bb

Hope this help, Damien

Re: Impact on a brittle material

LE Ba Danh
many thank my friend

Re: Impact on a brittle material

LE Ba Danh
Hi my friend,
1. There are errors when I run the calculation:

What is the problem?
2. Why it does not display discrete element of disk in granoo-view? How we can choose this option in GranOO, it's interesting.

Thank you Damien,
Danh