Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Murilo Moreira
Dear all,
As I was unable to install GranOO on Windows 10, I tried to install it on the PC of our laab group. It is a CentOS7,
I tried to follow the tutorial, alll the dependencies installed ok, but when I tried to build GranOO I got the following error:

/home/granoo/tags/2.0/Lib/GranOO/libCore/Problem.cpp:49:54: fatal error: boost/lexical_cast/try_lexical_convert.hpp: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
 #include <boost/lexical_cast/try_lexical_convert.hpp>
                                                      ^
compilation terminated.

Anybody has any idea on hoe to solve?
Clearly it is something related to boost, it seems that boost is installed because when I ran "sudo yum install  boost-devel" I got a message saying that it is already installed and updated.
Thank you very much!
All the best, Murilo

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

jeremie.girardot
Administrator
Dear Murilo,

indeed the basic version of boost in CentOS 7.0 is 1.53. GranOO needs at least 1.58 !

You can use :

sudo yum install rh-mariadb101-boost-devel-1.58

and then config your cmake file :

cmake -D CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="/path/to/your/granoo/install/GranOO/2.0/" ../ -DBoost_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/rh/rh-mariadb101/root/usr/include

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Murilo Moreira
This post was updated on .
Dear Jeremie,
Thank you very, very much for this.
I am installing the righ version of Boost!
Thank you!
I will let you know if I have any problems;
All the best, Murilo

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Murilo Moreira
Dear Jeremie,

I was able to successfully build and run the Rain example. However, it took a minor adjustment because the include of the Util.hpp library wasn't pointing to the correct directory (#include "GranOO/libDEM/Prop/Util.hpp" instead of #include "GranOO/libUtil/Util.hpp"). But after this adjustement the whole simulation worked fine. I got a Rain.exe and made the simulation. However when I tried to see the result the command "granoo-viewer ./Results/" resulted in an error:
"granoo-viewer: error while loading shared libraries: libvtkFiltersSources-7.1.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" do you have any idea on how to fix this?
Anyway thank you very much for your time and help!
All the best, Murilo

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,
a quick and dirty fix may be to locate the "libvtkFiltersSources-*.so" file and to copy it with the right name. This problem comes from cmake. :(

Damien.

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Damien André
Administrator
If you have the choice, prefer the last ubuntu LTS for granoo. The install is easy and painless !

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

MuriloHM
Dear Damien,
Thank you very much for your message!
I may try to install ubuntu, but just to check, I tried to locate the files, and the problem is that they already have the right name. Do you know how I can indicate to CMake where such files are?
All the best, Murilo

Administrator
I don't know how to tell to cmake where is this file, it's really strange and I am not reaaly friendly with CentOS.... But, generally, dynamic libraries  (*.so) are in the "/usr/lib/*" path. Executables lookup in this folder in order to find the dynamic library.

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

MuriloHM
Dear Damien,
Thank you VERY much for your help, as you said, it was only a matter of copying the .so from vtk and libboost from their folders to the /usr/lib path.
Aftter sudo ldconfig everything ran smoothly and I was able to run the granoo-viewer!
Thank you SO much!
All the best, Murilo

Re: Installing GranOO on CentOS7

Damien André