NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

TP

NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

TP

I have a new shape especial (no cube no sphere neither cylinder) in Building Comapct Discrete Domain. is a special shape.

This shape I had designed in software NX SIEMENS and FUSION 360. How can I pass this file to GRANOO?.

The special shape is a piece of a cylinder.

Thanks for answering

kind regards
TP

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

jeremie.girardot
Administrator
Helloo !

you can look at the examples in Tool called 'Cooker'. You will see that it is possible to use the geometric format 'off' in order to launch a cooker proces to build your discrete domain.
TP

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

TP
Thanks,

But how can I create this file off. I saw the files Tool - Cooker and there are only 4 files .off. (Bunny, frogs, cube and cylinder) but my shape is different of that.

TP

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
Hi !

There is several free tools that you can use to generate .off files.
One of them is MeshLab, in which you can import a .stl file then convert it to .off.

Enjoy GranOO!
Cedric
TP

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

TP
Thanks Cederic,

I did the transformation to .off but when it works appears ERROR.

[INIT][Reading PreProcessing...]
Found PlugIn '_NewSupportShape'
granoo-cooker: /home/juan/granoo/tags/2.0/Lib/GranOO/libAlgo/PolyhedronCore.cpp:130: void PolyhedronCore::ReadOFFFile(std::__cxx11::string): Assertion `inputFileStream.is_open() && "An error occured while trying to read the supplied OFF file."' failed.
Abortado (`core' generado)

What do you think that it can be??

I did the transformation file in meshlab with the same measure as the examples Frogs and Bunny.

regards
TP

Could you share your .off file (or a simple one but that exhibit the same error) ?
TP

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

TP

The file process very late.

This contain the file .off. This is a piece de 15 mm width and 15 mm large

OFF
32 60 0
7.492501 0 -189.8522
7.886843 0 -199.8444
7.492501 15 -189.8522
7.886843 15 -199.8444
-7.492501 0 -189.8522
-5.352466 0 -189.9246
-7.492501 15 -189.8522
-5.352466 15 -189.9246
-3.211751 0 -189.9729
-3.211751 15 -189.9729
-1.070629 15 -189997
-1.070629 0 -189997
1.070629 0 -189997
1.070629 15 -189997
3.211751 0 -189.9729
3.211751 15 -189.9729
5.352466 0 -189.9246
5.352466 15 -189.9246
-7.886843 0 -199.8444
-7.886843 15 -199.8444
5.634175 15 -199.9206
5.634175 0 -199.9206
3.380791 0 -199.9714
3.380791 15 -199.9714
1.126978 0 -199.9968
1.126978 15 -199.9968
-1.126978 0 -199.9968
-1.126978 15 -199.9968
-3.380791 0 -199.9714
-3.380791 15 -199.9714
-5.634175 0 -199.9206
-5.634175 15 -199.9206
3 0 1 2
3 2 1 3
3 4 5 6
3 6 5 7
3 7 5 8
3 7 8 9
3 9 8 10
3 10 8 11
3 10 11 12
3 10 12 13
3 13 12 14
3 13 14 15
3 15 14 16
3 15 16 17
3 17 16 0
3 17 0 2
3 18 4 19
3 19 4 6
3 3 1 20
3 20 1 21
3 20 21 22
3 20 22 23
3 23 22 24
3 23 24 25
3 25 24 26
3 25 26 27
3 27 26 28
3 27 28 29
3 29 28 30
3 29 30 31
3 31 30 18
3 31 18 19
3 2 3 17
3 17 3 20
3 17 20 15
3 15 20 23
3 15 23 13
3 13 23 25
3 13 25 27
3 13 27 10
3 10 27 29
3 10 29 9
3 9 29 31
3 9 31 7
3 7 31 19
3 7 19 6
3 4 18 5
3 5 18 30
3 5 30 8
3 8 30 28
3 8 28 11
3 11 28 26
3 11 26 24
3 11 24 12
3 12 24 22
3 12 22 14
3 14 22 21
3 14 21 16
3 16 21 1
3 16 1 0

Re: NEW SHAPE DONE IN OTHER SOFTWARE PASS TO GRANOO

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
There is missing decimal separators in the z coordinate of some vertices.
Most of them are around 200, and 4 vertices are at z=189997.

Modifying should be enough. You can of course test your geometry by reopening it in MeshLab.

Regards !