Problem with installing Eigen 3

bahmaniaram
Hi again,

I messaged you guys yesterday regarding installing steps. I am using Windows, and I have problem in installing Eigen3. I think maybe this command "C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake" -G "NMake Makefiles" ..\..\Sources\eigen-eigen-da9b4e14c255\ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=C:\Developer\Install" has a problem. Because I cannot install Eigen using ConEmu; I am also using the exact version which mentioned in the installation guide. I really appreciate your consideration in advance.

Cheers,
Aram

Re: Problem with installing Eigen 3

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
I guess you get an error message.
Could you post it ?

Re: Problem with installing Eigen 3

bahmaniaram
Hi Cédric Hubert,

I made a stupid mistake in this step. Thankfully, I solved the problem; however, now, in the building and installing GranOO step, and I feel I am in serious trouble because I got these errors:

CMake Error at C:/Developer/Sources/granoo/tags/2.0/Tool/GddViewer/CMakeLists.txt:51 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Widgets.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5Widgets", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Widgets" with
  any of the following names:

    Qt5WidgetsConfig.cmake
    qt5widgets-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Widgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

See also "C:/Developer/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Developer/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

C:\Developer\Build>NMake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.00.24210.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop.

Please let me know what I should do. I think you are the only person who can help me in this terrible stage of my life.

Cheers,
Aram

Re: Problem with installing Eigen 3

Cédric Hubert
Administrator
In some cases, you must help CMake finding the required modules.
This can be done by adding a command line argument to the cmake command:
cmake path/to/cmakelists -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=path/to/qt/install/directory

You will probably encounter other problems during the linking stage, or when trying to run computations, which I don’t always understand. As a consequence, I strongly suggest to switch on a Linux machine...

Anyway, good luck