Rotation of DEs

A.SH.K
Hi,

I have used "_ConvertElementPairToSpring" to define the connection between some discrete elements.

The problem is that the discrete elements do not rotate which makes sense, because I have defined springs not beams.
(in other words, there are no rotation resistance (constraints) between the discrete elements and the springs)

I am wondering if there are anyways that I can use springs and constrain the rotation of the discrete elements to the springs, so that the discrete elements rotate (the rotation of the discrete elements is dependant on the springs).

Re: Rotation of DEs

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,
Yes you right, there is no rotational constraint with springs. If you need this constraint, you can use beams instead of springs. A last solution, is to develop your own kind of bond.