Simulation of granular materials (sand particles)

Simulation of granular materials (sand particles)

beyaztisi
Hi everyone,

I would like to investigate mechanical behavior of deposited granular materials (deposited sands) under varying loading conditions (cyclic, dynamic etc.). Deposited material means: a granular material consists of layers with different relative densities. Is it possible to do this using GranOO?

I also would like to investigate undrained behaviour of the same material using coupled analysis. Does GranOO have a CFD coupling option?

I am also open to any suggestion. Thank you so much.

Example deposited sandy soils:

Re: Simulation of granular materials (sand particles)

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,
beyaztisi wrote
I would like to investigate mechanical behavior of deposited granular materials (deposited sands) under varying loading conditions (cyclic, dynamic etc.). Deposited material means: a granular material consists of layers with different relative densities. Is it possible to do this using GranOO?
I don't know, but you can do a lot of things with GranOO ;)

beyaztisi wrote
I also would like to investigate undrained behaviour of the same material using coupled analysis. Does GranOO have a CFD coupling option?
No sorry, there is no coupling option.