Smooth contact with DEs and Tool

Luisalbert

Salut Granooers,

I have a observation. In the sample test exactly SmoothImpact I've done 2 simulations:
1. as is in example, discrete elements (DEs) in the ball and the base and during the contact the ball deflect. It is Ok. However,

2. When I have ball discretized (with DEs) and the base is a tool (.off without DEs) during the contact the ball do not deflect. They have the same parameters only changed the tool.

I've put a sensor in the base and detect forces but in the last do not deflect.

What is the reason?. In the contact is necessary DEs?. For the last case what do i got do in order to deflect the ball?. The idea is reduce computational cost and only to have discretized the ball because i want to analyze only the ball.

thanks
Luisalbert

Re: Smooth contact with DEs and Tool

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, it should work,

can you share your *.inp file related to the second case (with tool) ?

Thx, Damien.

Re: Smooth contact with DEs and Tool

Luisalbert

Hi Damian,

SmoothImpact.inp

Thanks

Re: Smooth contact with DEs and Tool

Damien André
Administrator
Hello, please try with this _ManageCollision plugin

  <PlugIn Id="_ManageCollision" Between="Body/Body"
    	    BroadPhase="Raw"  Set1="B-Sphere-radius" Set2="WorkingPiece"
	    NarrowPhase="WithShape"
    	    CallBack="Standard"  Stiffness="1e7" RestitutionCoeff="0.8" RegularizationType="piecewise" DryFrictionSlope="1e5" StaticDryFrictionCoeff="0.3" DynamicDryFrictionCoeff="0.2"/>

Hope this help, Damien