The use of CAD meshes on Granoo and documentation

The use of CAD meshes on Granoo and documentation

Mishal
Hi Guys

I am new to DEM and Granoo. I have messed around with LIGGGHTS a bit, I feel that Granoo may be a bit more versatile for the requirements.

With regards to input geometry/mesh what possible formats are available to use? I see that a .off is supported however non of the CAD packages I have are able to export to this format. Is it possible to use .stl files?

Furthermore, is there any other documentation for Granoo other than than the link presented below?

https://www.granoo.org/doc.html

Re: The use of CAD meshes on Granoo and documentation

Damien André
Administrator
Hello Mishal, GranOO only uses the .off file format. However, to get a *.off from *.stl file, you can use the opensource software meshlab. I always recommend meshlab because this tool is also able to fix some trouble with meshes.

Be aware, GranOO only deals with convex geometries. So your *.off file must represent a convex one.

Concerning documentation, this is clear that GranOO lack of clear documentation. However, you can take a look in different examples that implements imported *.off file. You can take a look in :
- granoo/tags/2.0/Tool/Cooker/inp/CookingBook-polyhedron.inp
- granoo/tags/2.0/Example/Granular/MultiShape/

Cheers, Damien