granoo import error (python)

George
Hello and many congrats for this wonderful project!
I installed GranOO properly and I am able to run examples and create projects in cpp.
However, when I tried with python I get the following error?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Main.py", line 3, in <module>
    import pygranoo.so as granoo
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initpygranoo)

Have you guys run into a similar problem?
Thank you in advance
George

Re: granoo import error (python)

Clément
It may be due to the fact that granoo is coded in python 2.0 and you will have to correct all the print for example

Re: granoo import error (python)

Damien André
Hello, yes the examples are written in python2. Be aware about that.

However, I am not able to reproduce your error... Please open a python console and type "import pygranoo".
What happens ?

Damien

Re: granoo import error (python)

George
Hi Damien,
I am using python2.
When I am importing pygranoo I am getting the same message as I posted earlier.
Best
regards
George

http://granoo.52083.n8.nabble.com/granoo-import-error-python-tp569p572.html
To unsubscribe from granoo import error (python), click here.
NAML

Re: granoo import error (python)

Damien André
Administrator
Hello,

 I suppose that you compile GranOO with python3 and you try to execute it with python2 (not sure about that).
Try to execute the pygranoo module with python3 instead of python2.

Cheers, Damien.

Re: granoo import error (python)

George
This might be a possibility.
i am able to switch between python 2 and 3 in my system but I don't remember which version was active while I was compiling GranOO.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I will look into it and I'll get back to you.
Thanks again
George

http://granoo.52083.n8.nabble.com/granoo-import-error-python-tp569p575.html
To unsubscribe from granoo import error (python), click here.
NAML

Re: granoo import error (python)

Damien André
Administrator